Boy that’s a mouth full, and you’re gonna want a mouth full of these delicious and moderately healthy cookies. No one will believe they are gluten-free! In case you missed it… DOUBLE CHOCOLATE 🙂
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add finely shredded beets, cocoa powder, and egg. Beat mixture together.
- Zest blood orange and then squeeze juice into mixture.
- Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda until fully incorporated.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips and roughly chopped pecans.
- Portion cookies out on a parchment lined baking sheet, and freeze for 1 hour (or longer).
- After cookies are frozen, you can store them unbaked in the freezer, and prepare them as you need them. Transfer frozen cookies to a plastic bag or other freezer-safe container. You may also wish to bake all of the cookies immediately... It's up to you! Yield is around 24 medium-sized cookies.
- When you are ready to bake, in a pre-heated 375 F oven, bake cookies on parchment lined baking sheet for 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.