This is a no waste recipe where every part of the cooking process and its bi-products got used to make a meal of it. Buckle up and hang on tight… Here we go!
- I used an Instant Pot pressure cooker, so you will have to make adjustments if you don't have one. Sauté the onion in olive oil. When they become translucent, add garlic and parsley and sauté for another minute. Add 2 Tbsp cumin and Rotel tomatoes. Add a layer of chicken on top, sprinkle sea salt. Repeat until all chicken is in the pot and salted. Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. Release the pressure and place the chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Shred the chicken using two forks, then use a slotted spoon to transfer solids from the Instant Pot to the bowl with the chicken and mix together. Don't worry if you leave some behind in the pot... It will be used later.
- You'll need 2 sauce pans for the next two steps. Drain beans and add a little water back to the can, then place in a sauce pan. Set heat to medium.
- In a second sauce pan, strain the liquid left in the Instant Pot and stir any solids strained off into the black beans.
- In the liquid, whisk in corn starch, 1 Tbsp cumin, chili powder, and the juice of one lime. Stir often over medium heat to cook down and thicken into a sauce.
If you don't want to waste the rest of the lime, put it in a pint glass, and pour a beer over it. Add a dash of salt too! I'd stick with an amber, a pilsner, or a lager for this concoction.