Looking for a hearty stew that’s loaded with fresh veggies and a smoky flavor? Look no further!
- In an 8 qt stock pot, sauté onion in oil until caramelized over medium heat. Mince garlic while onions are sautéing. Add 2 cups water to deglaze and then add garlic.
- Slice and add carrots to the pot as you slice them, stirring occasionally.
- Slice and add bell peppers to the pot as you slice them, stirring occasionally.
- Slice and add mushrooms to the pot as you slice them, stir occasionally.
- Core and slice or shred cabbage into bite-sized pieces, add to the pot and stir to incoporate.
- Drain and add beans to the pot, and follow with 10 cups water. You may wish to use the cans to add the water to get the beans from the bottom of the can.
- Add all spices to the water and increase the stove temperature to medium high.
- Stir in 8 oz of tomato paste to thicken to a stew, and bring to a boil. Simmer to desired consistency. Serve hot and fresh!
Though this is a vegan recipe, you may wish to substitute carrots for sausage. If making this substitution, make sure to add the sausage at the end of the cook to avoid overcooking it.
All of the organic produce used to make this stew is from Misfits Market (sponsor). I subscribe to weekly deliveries from Misfits Market, and it has changed the way we eat in the very best ways! Try them and get a discount on your first box by going to http://chefdavepalmer.com/misfits